The International Journal of Communication is an online, multi-media, academic journal that adheres to the highest standards of peer review and engages established and emerging scholars from anywhere in the world. The International Journal of Communication is an interdisciplinary journal that, while centered in communication, is open and welcoming to contributions from the many disciplines and approaches that meet at the crossroads that is communication study.
We are interested in scholarship that crosses disciplinary lines and speaks to readers from a range of theoretical and methodological perspectives. In other words, the International Journal of Communication is a forum for scholars when they address the wider audiences of our many sub-fields and specialties, rather than the location for the narrower conversations more appropriately conducted within more specialized journals.
The International Journal of Communication is the realization of a goal that we and many other scholars and teachers have long hoped to achieve: The publication of world class scholarship,
- without space limitations, as online publication permits us to publish an unlimited number of articles, at whatever page length is appropriate;
- without publication lag, as articles will be posted as soon as they are accepted;
- with the inclusion of visual, audio and audio-visual "illustrations" and examples [within the appropriate limits of fair use] to exemplify and present arguments/analyses, not merely decorate the pages;
- with the possibility of reader responses and comments, opening space for dialogue and debate, published alongside articles, without time lag or page-constraints;
- with extensive book review coverage, including review essays, solicited and published with minimal time lag;
- with the guarantee of long-term accessibility from anywhere in the world, via the Internet.
We invite the world wide community of scholars and citizens concerned with the vitally important issues of communication processes, institutions and effects to join us in this pioneering effort.
We encourage readers to sign up for the publishing notification service for this journal.
Please REGISTER to receive journal email updates.